A Mission Statement

I've been a gamer since the age of 4 when I got my first game console, the Super Nintendo, for Christmas of 1991. Super Mario World, the pack-in game at the time, was my first game. Oh, the fun I had; the delightful merriment! For years, even after receiving many other SNES games, Mario was a constant staple of my SNES rotation. As I grew, though, I found other games, other consoles to love, but the SNES shaped who I am as a gamer today.

Pictured: Happiness.
The purpose of this blog is to share my love of gaming, SNES and beyond. Firstly, I plan to decide on my top 5 games of every year from 1991 to 2011. Each post will be devoted to a single game experience; what I felt back then and today. I hope to learn something about myself through this and perhaps you will too.

Beyond that, I have an almost endless number of games to muse about; good and bad...

There is no bias to be found here. I've been privileged enough to own almost every major game console since the SNES and I loved them all dearly. And even those that I didn't own, I had many chances to play with friends and family at their homes. I've lived a truly wonderful gaming life!


Tomorrow:
Number 5 in my top 5 games of 1991!
A genre mixing gem from the early days of the SNES.

No comments:

Post a Comment