Silent Hill HD Collection is an Eldritch abomination

I am a HUGE fan of the Silent Hill series dating back to the first game. Hell, even just the demo of the first game before it came out may be the demo I played the most in my life. It's one of the only series that I own every game of on at least 1 platform. I consider Silent Hill 2 to have perhaps the greatest video game story of all time and it's easily in my top 5 games of ever. The only thing I don't love about the Silent Hill games is the combat. It's wretchedly awful in all of them. Also, Homecoming had a pretty dumb story but that's beside the point.

EDIT: meant to link to this for anyone not familiar with the term.



My reaction when Silent Hill HD was first announced.

When I heard they were doing an HD collection I got really excited. Silent Hill on PS360? Awesome! Shut up and take my money! That was until details started coming out. First off, this "collection" contains Silent Hill 2 & 3. Two games out of a 7, soon to be 9 game series. And that's not counting the Japan only cell phone games. How is that a collection? Second, they came out and said that they will be rerecording the voice acting with all new voice actors. No. You lost my purchase right there, Konami. I adore the voice acting in both games and to change it would be to redraw the Mona Lisa's smile. It's the same reason I didn't want to play Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, a remake of the first MGS(another Konami release coincidentally). Though in that game's case they had the same voice actors re-record their lines. Kind of a waste of time I'd say. Okay, so after months of fan backlash they came out and said the original voice acting will be an option. For Silent Hill 2 only.

I wanted to keep this blog PG13, meaning no F-bombs, but you can only bait and switch me so many times, so I only have on thing to say about this:


FUCK YOU KONAMI

No comments:

Post a Comment